Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Friday, August 24, 2012

PAINTING AND POLISHING


Paul has gotten some product by courier here, so we can start on some other projects tomorrow. The last couple of days have been productive. Today was the first day in a long time we drove back to motel and it wasn't pouring rain. Wednesday night we went to a small restaurant nearby for dinner and I had a yummy lobster dinner. Of course I gave Paul some bites as his Mahi Mahi was not up to par. Last night we were exhausted and had another microwave dinner, mmmmmm!

We've been priming and painting the pieces for the ceiling in the flybridge (a project we did not anticipate this year). Paul has been poly-glowing (similar to a wax) the sides of the hull and to me it looks very shiny. We bought a product called Prism Metal Polish which is not just for metal. I read it cleans off plexiglass and windscreen etc. So, up in the flybridge we have this ugly windscreen that we thought would need replacing as one cannot see out of it. I spent a couple hours on that with this “polish” and lots of paper towels. Wow, what a difference. We do not have to replace the windscreen up there this year. I was so excited I took a picture.

Paul putting on the primer yesterday

The "before" is on the left,
The "after" is the work I did on the right
You can see through the windscreen now

I went along and am in the midst of using the metal polish on the stainless steel poles and railings all over the boat too. This is time consuming and will do a lot more tomorrow.

We are watching the storm Isaac and have been talking with our friends Dave and Traci on their catamaran Daruma in Naples. They are prepared and ready.

We are going to another restaurant tonight called Frattelli's just down the road. It is Italian and has cloth tablecloths , hmmmmm sounds good!

Last night I watched two more episodes of NCIS, yep, and they are not in order one bit. I learned a few things that explained what was happening in some episodes that I watched a few days ago. I looked up this show on the internet and it has been on the air ten years, so no wonder the characters look younger in some! Remember we all looked younger ten years ago.

Miami Beach pharmacist Benjamin Green invented the first suntan cream in 1944. He accomplished this development by cooking cocoa butter in a granite coffee pot on his wife's stove.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an amazing difference on your plexiglass. I wonder how the "tennis elbow" is coming?
Rosemary