Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

DAY TWELVE WORKING



There are three forms of visual art: Painting is art to look at, sculpture is art you can walk around, and architecture is art you can walk through” Dan Rice quotes

Great Architecture


Today is Sunday and a beautiful day again here in St. Augustine. I love the Memorial Presbyterian Church right here in the historical part of this small city.  





The front doors
We have been working on the ceiling of the fly bridge on a daily basis since we arrived here. Today the four big pieces went up and with a few hiccups. I do thank God for the cordless drill, a great tool for mankind to have along with the jigsaw and skill saw and for sure the planer that Paul brought from home! A few words were said while putting up the ceiling but not out loud! I feel I don't need to do any weightlifting for awhile as holding up panels while Paul wires the light fixtures etc or screws in one end got me tired out. The work we did has been worth it and now we need to place trim around the edges and down the seams to give it a beautiful finish.

Paul screwing on the front of a piece of the ceiling

One day when we arrived there was water on our mattress and it turns out that the small leak at a corner on the windshield was bigger than we thought. Paul knew where the leak was and immediately dug out the caulking and replaced it in a whole section. It has been dry as a bone now. We know, as it rained once again this afternoon, as per usual.

The caulking was replaced all the bottom on the windshield

We have been working for twelve days already, time has sure flown. We have not had a day off so will make a point to shop around. The pool is so tiny and basically when we arrive back at the hotel, it is raining anyway.

I thought I would share with you a television show I just loved watching last night, it is titled Live At Daryl's House, which is Daryl Hall and he invites musicians to his house to his studio there. It was awesome as his guest was Rob Thomas and I am such a fan of his! I felt like I was at a mini concert and right in Daryl's house listening. I was so sorry when it was over. All of the episodes are available online, this was Daryl's idea of not travelling so much. If you don't know who these guys are … that is okay with me. Maybe one day I will see Rob Thomas in person play somewhere. There, you've learned something new about me.

The hurricane warning is a tropical storm for our friends in Naples now. So I'm sure Dave and Traci of Daruma are happier. It was very windy here and just light rains. 

Author's Note: I cannot seem to double space this post as the previous ones were. I apologize if you had a harder time reading this one. I hope to figure it out before I type the next post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

St. Augustine has the nicest places to eat and visit. Enjoy a little rest now that the hard work is done.
Rosemary