Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Friday, January 13, 2012

GAVE UP ON RADAR

This morning I drove to the UPS to send back the Radar, a new one is being shipped as I type this. I did get lost finding UPS. You know they are in a plaza and there are plazas everywhere and as a driver I cannot see the teeny weeny numbers. No, it was not in the Tom Tom (I want to throw that out, as it never says what side when "you've reached your destination"... when it is a 8 lane roadway!). The splendid news is Paul had a successful day with the pump installed in the water maker, the small back-up generator is working mighty fine and the "D" rings went on the dinghy. Two solar panels are working just great, we will hook up the other two when/if we install the radar, we need the roof space to maneuver.

Yesterday we had the P.O.O.P. boat come by and take care of us... what is this? Yes that is right the Pump Out Operation Program run by the Martin County. They go from boat to boat to pump out you know what. We have two holding tanks, but boy, within minutes we are emptied! We give a big tip and we smile again.

We are charging up our battery for the Satellite Phone. This is another learning experience ... It only works offshore (15 miles) so we can't even test it yet. I am not high tech but I have a good teacher. I will have Paul read the "literature" and I will then read my "literature" by my fave author right now Lee Child. Paul can explain it all to me, wink wink.

I did provision again, load after load down this dock... we are 2nd to last boat! From All Bran buds to Velveeta cheese dips to cans of clams and mussels to cocoa. I have put everything in a spot writing on a  paper telling where everything is.
I did not take pictures today as nothing really exciting to take. I sure look forward to sending pics from the Bahamas.

On my posting of Jan. 2nd I mentioned No Chocolate Until Bimini..... I want everyone to know that I have not had any chocolate.... but the Caltrate Vitamin D chews are delicious. I have set a personal record. Yes, I only have 1 chew a day, I don't go crazy! ahahahahah!

Our son Matt had an awesome birthday, the best one yet he says! The weather at home is pretty bad as our lads did not drive into the city for school. It will be cool tonight here,

B.O.A.T......  Bring Out Another Thousand!



No comments: