Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

ARRIVED IN FLORIDA

We are in balmy Florida. It is cooler here for Floridians but us Ottawans it is sure nice and warm... I don't mind having to wear a long sleeve shirt, no boots or parkas. We met a couple from Alaska at the check-out in Publix grocery store, so they came from cold brrr weather too.
We were able to pick up our Solar Panels and our Satellite Phone in Miami on our way to Stuart. Miami traffic is crazy as we were well aware of from two years ago. We always joke that the speed limit is 70mph but I think after midnight you might be able to actually drive that limit. Every minute is rush hour with a volume of traffic.
We will email family with our new SAT phone number which we can use off shore. Texting is reasonable but you phoning us will cost you big bucks. This is a great way to communicate if we are not near the internet.
We did shopping today and organizing the boat, as weather was not warm enough to bring out the hose and clean the boat. There is so much still to do and ordering of supplies. The boys will be happy as I will buy those Poker Chips and the Pina Coloda Mix as that goes with the cheap rum in Bahamas! Our boys come down next month and I will have missed everyone. (of course I will miss our daughter-in-law Sam too). We are “newbies” of being away and so far for such a long time.
I have not had chocolate yet but I won't deny I may have 1 chocolate martini this weekend. I consider that an alchohic drink, not actual chocolate. I wrote in the blog no Chocolate until Bimini so now I must honour it and I sure need too.
Just to let you Canadian followers know that gas here is about .90 cents a litre …... wow!!! If the Americans only knew how much we paid.
Our internet is faster as we are using an aircard with Virgin Mobile through cellphone instead of the slow internet of the marina. We are too far away from their office. Because it is faster I may post some pictures...... especially of the installation of the solar panels, the biggest job since the davit. These panels are going on the roof of the flybridge, so safety is a priority and of course, couple communication!
Stay tuned.  

No comments: