Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Monday, October 22, 2012

INFLATABLE GOES IN THE WATER


We have a brand new inflatable. We brought down our 25Hp with us last time and brought home the 9.9Hp. The inflatable is heavier than the last one and plus our davit is not in a position good enough to lift it up with a building in the way. So, on Friday the Marine Center here put it in the water for us. I took pictures as you may be interested how they go about putting inflatables in and out of the water. Right after ours went in, one was sitting in the water to come out.






We took out T/T (Tender To Coyaba) out for a “test drive”. Unfortunately water was leaking through the hole at the back of the boat where the water was suppose to exit.... called the drain hole/thru hull. This was easily fixed by Paul, of course. We have it on a sea doo ramp locked up at the dock right now. Once we get Coyaba in the water, we will use the davit to lift it out of the water.

No pictures, but we did put a brand new winch on for the davit (from Princess Auto). This is so much quieter. I felt like all eyes were on us in an anchorage when we lowered our dingy or raised it up. The radars, radios and alarms are all working as Paul tested everything out today.

The Customs and Border Protection has their school here as I've mentioned before. I took a picture of the boat you cannot outrun. This weekend they had about 7 in the water here at the marina. I have not seen one woman in training here, all men.... good looking too in full uniform but I'm sure they are sweating with all that equipment and guns attached to their bodies. It is funny to hear their teacher telling them how to park these boats. I hear them yell "back up, back up" , "slow down" etc. ... which I am sure would be the same for me if Paul was telling me how to park this catamaran!

Four motors 225Hp each, a very fast ride indeed!




No comments: