Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

STILL IN BIMINI, BAHAMAS

We did venture out of Alice Town, Bimini this morning shortly after 7:30am.... but the seas were not favourable for us to continue. We were rocking back and forth. We made an executive decision to come back to the Big Game Club and tie up. We did this in January when we tried twice to leave Chub Cay to Nassau. We do not have an appointment or schedule, so we are hanging here until the weather turns more agreeable to us.

"When I forget how talented God is, I look to the Sea."

Big Game Club is a Angler's Paradise (Chub Cay also). This is a Guy Harvey Angler Resort (google him). This "resort" has a pool and restaurant so it is nice. If we have to wait out weather hmmmmmmm... a place with a pool sounds good. We did go out for lunch today and enjoyed Mahi Mahi... this fish is delice!

I finished my Lee Child novel so onto my Stuart Wood's novel... remember my posting of numbers?? Well I should have counted the novels on board that I brought and the novels I read. I want everyone to know I did not read nearly as much as I thought I would. I was ACTIVE!! I usually read at bedtime at home, but I believe I was so exhausted that I read only half the pages at bedtime.

It was Sunday today so our walk into town was a quiet one. We just wanted to get off boat and exercise. No stores open. We will walk again tomorrow and check out a few places here. ... this will be after we check weather and see if we are indeed leaving.

We went to a new island to us with Doug and Vicki. It was Hawksbill Cay. This island is so beautiful and isolated. I thought I saw all the "blues" there were to see, well I was wrong, Hawksbill Cay had even more shades of blue. The pictures just do not capture them. I just learned today that the Hawksbill Turtle is endangered ... we have learned so much this trip, visually, spiritually and emotionally!



At sea, I learned how little a person needs, not how much. -- Robin Lee Graham

"Cruising has two pleasures. One is to go out in wider waters from a sheltered place and the other is to go into a sheltered place from wider waters."--Howard Bloomfield 

No comments: