Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

GET LAUNCHED IN THE MORNING

We arrived in Orlando late Monday night, spent night, then traveled to St. Augustine, FL on Tuesday. We have been getting ready to put Coyaba into the water. West Marine, hardware stores, Winn Dixie (groceries) and Walmart trips daily + today I did laundry at a laundromat... 25 cents buys you 4 minutes of dry time.... Hmmm 3 loads ($2.25 each wash) + drying... adds up. Anyways, funny story at Walmart, because I know people like my stories (true!). I was in a slow line at Walmart because someone was trying to cash their pay cheque or something of the like so I realized this is going too slow so off I go to another cashier, I know bad idea you are saying. Well, I've heard of the Americans and their coupons but listen to this. This woman first had about 10 small tides and 6 Ben Gays... I mean the trial size. I thought this is odd and the only things she's buying. Now I would buy a small bottle, probably less expensive and sore muscles, get a big cream of Ben Gay. The man beside her same thing but also has a movie. I now have my stuff on the Walmart counter, lots of stuff! The cashier goes ahead and rings up the woman's Tide and Ben Gay samples, well this customer had a $2.00 off coupon for each item, follow me here!!!! She paid .39 cents for everything. I am frustrated as this takes a long time to scan each coupon and I now notice the man has his coupons out for his Tide and Ben Gay's.... + a movie... but his coupons (20 of them) are not scanning properly. After the supervisor comes and says just override each one UGH + a movie and get this...... he gets $7 cash back!! Yep that is right. The company who printed the coupon did NOT specify the size. The gentleman said he had more coupons but the shelf was empty of the tide, a buddy came in before him and did the same thing. I thought you all would like this story.

Today we headed to Customs and Border Protection to get a "license to Proceed" on Coyaba  as our cruising license has expired. We are non-resident, so all foreign flagged vessels need a cruising license. We cannot get one now until we leave the country for at least 15 days. So we have a special license to get us to Stuart, but cannot touch land.... yep we have to anchor out every night. We have a wonderful new anchor and will sleep soundly. We will have our phone but no internet until we get to Stuart approximately Monday.

We go into the water tomorrow morning during slack tide. We will take the rental car back and off we leave Sat. morning if all goes as planned. It did pour rain last night but overall weather is very nice and cool in the evenings. We are staying on the boat this time, climbing the ladder up and down.

We did get the bottom paint done this week. The picture is me showing what a great job! The bottom paint protects the boat from barnacles and other creatures that like to hitch a ride on our bottom.


Paul says not to write a book here but a small chapter is good!

No comments: