Coyaba

"COYABA"
Arawak Indian meaning: paradise a place of peace and rest.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

OUR FEET FIRMLY PLANTED ON GROUND

We have been home in Metcalfe for two weeks and reality hit hard! Day two our Pacifica broke down in a parking lot while I was driving it... brand new transmission was necessary, ka-ching! We hosted family at Easter and enjoyed a great time with them. I actually got a hair appointment and colouring done, first time in months. Paul got all our tax information ready and to the accountant. Boys consulted us on their schooling as they both are switching courses in the Fall. Paul and I went to the dentist to get cleanings and x-rays. I went to a fundraiser auction in support of Cancer after I helped decorate for it at a community hall. Of course, it goes without saying that Paul and I did a major clean-up in the house (okay I said it). I've weeded the garden and sprayed for ants outside. Yes, reality here at a house is much different than on a catamaran. Yet, we are happy to be home and see our family and friends. We've missed everyone! My mom arrives next week from Vancouver Island, so a nice week's visit with her will be fantastic as I can be a "tourist" in Ottawa.

We head back to Stuart, FL next month to "summerize" our catamaran. We will travel up the ICW to St. Augustine, FL. We take the boat out of the water and get it ready to sit out summer. We take the boat out of the water because June 1 to Nov 1 is hurricane season. Most Canadians take their boats out because we are far away to travel to move the boat if a hurricane is approaching. Paul will be down later in the summer to do some work on it.... ie: painting over the teak. This trip will take about 4 nights of traveling time up the ICW. We will make it a mini holiday.

We are not swimming or snorkeling, but we are having showers without having to turn off the tap while lathering. We do not have to start the generator to bake something in the oven. We do not have to hose down anything to get rid of the salt. We are using the dishwasher. I am listening to the radio every day and am back watching "The View" now and again. I am walking on our treadmill and walking with friends. I am wearing jewelry and a watch. Paul has shoes on, even in the house. Paul does not have to put sunscreen on his bald head. Yes, we live in two different worlds, but how interesting!

No comments: